Creative Landscape Design in Connecticut
At Birch Mountain, the creativity starts with a landscape consultation. It is at this time that we discuss with you what you are looking for and come up with a plan to meet your goals and objectives.
The best part of the design work however usually takes place on site during the project. As you can see from our extensive portfolio, we have a lot of experience where it counts. Regular meetings are held throughout the project to go over creative design options.
Our Design Process
In planning a landscape project there are two basic options. We can do the work all at one time or a phased approach. The advantage of us doing the work all at one time is that you will have all of your landscaping done and have only one disruption to the yard. There are economies of scale that make doing the project all at once cost effective. At Birch Mountain we have the ability to handle entire yard makeovers with ease due to our size.
We are also specialists in project planning for a phased approach. The key to a phased approach is ensuring that each project is working toward the end goal or master plan. We are happy to give our expert advice regarding planning current and future projects.
Here are some of the options for our customers:
- Basic Hand Drawings and Sketches
- Computer Imaging
- Certified Landscape Designers
- Landscape Architects
- Civil Engineering
- Land Use Specialists
We are glad to help with whatever needs you may have for your project. We can help with the direction that is needed for proper planning of your project.
Frequently asked question:
So what is the process and how do we go about figuring all of this out?
At Birch Mountain we have a process to ensure a smooth running project as follows:
1. Look through our extensive portfolio of Birch Mountain projects to see the examples of what to
look for and to get a sense of what could be done at your home.
2. Schedule a consultation to learn about what can be done and what options there may be.
3. Visit Birch Mountain on Route 5 in South Windsor to see first hand the quality of our work. You can choose from materials in our displays as well as gather brochures and information for your project. Most importantly you will see who it is that you are hiring to do your project. Don't take the risk of a contractor who has a PO Box for a business address or a contractor that works out of their house.
4. Choose from the options that have been presented or call to find out what other options may be available.
5. Schedule your project. This is done by simply calling us or sending an email indicating you would like to have us create your landscape.
Once Your Job is Scheduled
1. Confirm or make your selections of materials so that we can have your materials ready for your project.
2. Look forward to your pre-construction meeting at the start of your project.
3. Call at any time with questions.
While Your Job is in Progress
1. Look forward to meeting during construction to go over your project.
2. Be sure to ask questions. Sometimes during a project it may look different than what you may have pictured. It could be that this is a normal part of the construction. This is the time to ask and where our superb creativity pays off if you would like to make changes.
Once Your Project Has Been Completed
1. Enjoy your beautiful new landscape. Make sure to follow up on proper watering of the new plants and sod.
2. If you are not sure about how to maintain some part of the landscape or need professional follow up maintenance, call us. We can help put you in the right direction.
3. Take advantage of our network of related services. If there is a product or service that we do not provide we will help you to find the right people.
We would like to thank you again for looking through our site. Be sure to look through the Before & After Galleries. Many times the "after photos" look so much like the landscape has always been there, you need the "before photo" to see the transformation. We look forward to working with you soon.